Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Christmas Holidays - Part 2

The second half of my holidays in Victoria started with me driving my dad to the airport on the morning of Dec 29.  My cousins got ready to take the ferry home to Surrey.  The nurse arrived to give my grandmother her shower, and my mom took me and my brothers and Tracy out for lunch.  After some food and a little window shopping we went home for a bit before I drove Tim, Tracy & Greg to the airport for their flight home.

Sometime around the 28 or 29 I caught a cold.  At first I was just sneezing a lot, but soon my nose was just a constant drip fest.  I used so many tissues.  Then I had a couple of nights of coughing. This meant I stayed away from my grandmother and washed my hands a lot.  By the time January 3 rolled around I was much, much better.

On New Year's Eve Kristine drove down from Nanaimo.  She was also getting over a cold, so we didn't do much besides playing cards and watching the Bourne trilogy on the projection television in the man cave.  We stayed up to midnight on New Year's Eve and watched all the different fireworks from the windows of my parent's house.

My mom used up the pineapple we had in the fridge by making a pineapple upside down cake. Kristine and I went for a walk on the beach and went to see "The Gambler" on Jan 1.  It was an ok movie, but we were both looking for something with more action.

Early on January 4 I got up and my dad drove me to the airport.  Once I was checked in, I found out that the flight was delayed over an hour because of the cold weather in Edmonton.  I was not excited to leave Victoria, with the temp being around +5 and head to Edmonton where the weather was -30 (or colder).

I had the chance to eat breakfast and read a book on my Kobo.  Silly me, I left my Kobo on the plane (in the seat pocket).  So this past Saturday, I drove in the blowing snow out to the airport to retrieve my eReader.  My brother picked me up at the airport on Jan 4 and I am back home for the next few months.

It was a great vacation.  I love my parent's house, especially the views.  There was an abundance of delicious food but I was only up about 1 pound at WW at my first meeting back.  I will do a weight loss update later this week.

Mostly I am so glad that the weather here in Edmonton has warmed up so I am not wearing 52 layers every time I go outside.

Happy New Year and may 2015 be an awesome year for everyone !!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweets, sorry I have been AWOL. I totally forgot you even had a blog. Pleased to see you are doing well, albeit catching a cold.
    I will now stop complaining about our freezing temperatures here in the UK now I have seen this. I would hate to be that cold, but I bet it is beautiful outside.
    Take care of you. Profile name has changed, you will know me better as GB :)

    ReplyDelete