Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May Long Weekend

I love that almost every month in late spring to early fall has a long weekend.  In fact I am even going to take off June 30 from work so that Canada Day is a long weekend for me too.  So first we have Victoria Day which was yesterday - May 19.  It seems like it was a bit early this year but I think it is usually the third Monday in May. 

When I was a child we would go camping on the May long weekend.  Often we would bring our old black/white antenna tv/radio so that we could watch/listen to the hockey playoffs.  There would be about 4 to 5 families and usually we went to Crimson Lake near Rocky Mountain House.

The past few years while I was living in Calgary with my ex - we would also go camping.  The last trip out to the property near Red Deer was the weekend in 2012 that our air mattress sprung a huge leak, I was feeling like crap all weekend because of my gallbladder (not that I knew that at the time), and I broke my ankle when I caught my foot in the bottom of my tent and fell.

It was the start of everything going downhill with my health and my marriage.

Two years later and I had a much better long weekend.

Friday evening I went bowling with Kristine.  Only had a couple of strikes over the three games - I really hope that I get better over the next few weeks.

Saturday I did a little shopping.  Pennington's had a secret sale on capri pants and shorts - so I got a pair of jean capris and a white pair of capris, it was too bad that they did not have a black pair in my size.  I was going to pick up a pair at another store, but I ran out of time.  I had a hair appointment (got some red streaks) and then my brother Greg and I packed up my car with boxes and made a run out to our storage unit.  Kristine came over to my house and we cleaned out my closet.  Then there was dinner at Milestones and I watched Tangled.

Sunday was spent packing up the stuff in my armoir and my desk.  Now those two pieces can be moved out of my room.  It will make it show much better once we get the house up for sale.  I ended up with three bags of clothes that were too big for me now that I will donate.  I also went over to Kristine's place to help her move/pack all the stuff in her living and dining room.  She is getting laminate flooring put in so all the stuff needed to go into the spare room.

On Monday I went and saw Godzilla (which I really enjoyed - Yay monsters fighting!) and also looked at a place for sale.  It was out of our price range and a weirdly organized 4-story split that while it had been renovated, it was not really my style.  We will keep looking.

I ate healthy-ish all weekend and this morning my home scale says I was 261.2.  Back on track.  I missed my WW meeting on Saturday.  Too many things to get done and not enough time.  Hopefully I will see the scale move down this Saturday coming up. 

A busy and fun weekend. 



image courtesy of http://www.allinspiredboutique.com



No comments:

Post a Comment