Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goals for 2014

My goals for 2014 are just a continuation of the post I made in October about my goals for age 36.  I have added more details about how I am going to achieve these goals.





1. Lose weight
- exercise more (30 min a day)
- walk more
- record what I eat
- get more sleep
- drink more water
- stop going overboard on weekends

Ideally I would like to lose 1-2 pounds a week and end up being under 200 pounds around January 10, 2015.  I don't think this is an insurmountable goal, but I do need to pick it up from the average of 0.7 pounds/week lost in 2013.  Since I joined back with SparkPeople I have lost an average of 1.24 pounds/week.




2. Work on my Online Course
- set aside 1 hour each evening
- read the textbooks and make notes
- take tests on schedule


I am finding it really hard to get back on schedule with school.  I have no excuses.  I basically took a vacation from the end of November until now.  Tonight I WILL get started on finishing the Microsoft Office portion of the course as I am really close to completion for that section.  I think I need to make a chart or something to figure out how many hours I should be putting in each week.





3. Get Divorced
- get last couple of financial ties cleared up
- fill out paperwork
- have ex served with papers

It's frustrating, but I think I am just going to keep that Scotiabank credit card in my name and pay it off.  The ex is just such a loser.  His credit is so crappy that he doesn't qualify for a new credit card to transfer the balance.  I just don't care anymore, I want to be free of him for good.





4. Find Balance
 - spend more time with friends
 - pay off more debt
 - move out of parent's house
 - start dating
 - organize days/weeks so I have time for my goals and also for myself.

 Since I moved back to Edmonton in April, I have paid off almost $5000 on my credit card.  I really appreciate my parents letting me live with them rent free so that I can get back on my feet.  I think the plan is for them to purchase a condo here in Edmonton, and my youngest brother and I would pay rent (the mortgage).  Then they will sell the house here and move permanently to Victoria.  I think we will start getting that all sorted out in February.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good goals! Congrats on the weight loss and debt payment. One question, if you and your brother have a place together, what happens when 1 of you wants to move out, or he gets a girlfriend he wants to move in or you want to kick him out? Just make sure you guys work out those details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the E-card under point #3!

    ReplyDelete