Friday, January 10, 2014

2013 - Year In Review









1)      What did you do in 2013 that you have never done before? 
I bought and used a fitness tracker.  It is the Spark Activity Tracker and it links to my Sparkpeople page.  Then my parents got me a FitBit Flex for Christmas.  I also used the fitness games I have for the Wii (Biggest Loser Challenge and EA Sports Active 2). 
I signed up for an online course in Law Administration and completed a bunch of modules.  I have, of course taken University classes, but never something that was completely online.
I travelled to Toronto to take a 2-day course for work about magazine circulation.  The whole trip I was on my own - and while I have been on airplanes by myself, and hotel rooms in other cities - this was different. 

2) Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make any more next year?
Yes and Yes – although I would consider them goals not resolutions.  They are ongoing and I will continue to work on them past 2013 and 2014. 

3) Any major life events happen in your life? 
I was all about the major life events.  I separated from my husband and moved back to Edmonton.  I started a new position – same company I have worked at for the past five years, but a new department.  I lost a total of almost 28 pounds this year (definitely something I want to increase in 2014).

4) Where did you travel? 
Edmonton in January and February, and then I moved back here at the end of March.  There was a work trip to Toronto in February.  I went back to Calgary a few times in April and May.  There was a day trip to Wizard Lake.  The real trip of the year was to Victoria in September. 

5) What did you lack in 2013 that you would like more of in 2014? 
Balance – I think this is something that has been lacking in my life for many years.  I tend to throw myself completely into something (or someone) and let other areas of my life fall to the wayside.  



6) What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? 
Separation (living apart since Jan 19, actual conversation/decision was Feb 11), Move Date (March 23), 5% Goal (Jan 26), 10% Goal (Sept 21) , Dad’s retirement party (Nov 16). 

7) What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Losing 27.6 pounds and keeping it off.

8) What was your biggest failure? 
Procrastinating - my life would be much easier now if I had made some of the phone calls regarding my separation in February.  Also I should have exercised more and ate less on the weekends. 

9) Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Nope – had enough of that in 2012

10) What was the best purchase you made? 
New laptop

11) What things/people inspired you the most? 
I would have to say that I found a lot of inspiration in myself.  I also started using SparkPeople again, and the people there are so supportive.




 

12) What things/people disappointed you the most? 
My ex – so many reasons why we are going to get divorced, but sometimes it still amazes me at how inconsiderate & selfish he can be, and that apparently he feels no remorse for his actions.

13) Where did most of your money go? 
I am working on paying off my debt.  I am really thankful that my parents have been letting me live back at home rent free. 

14) What did you get really excited about? 
I loved my trip to Victoria in September and I looked forward to it all summer.


15) What song will always remind you of 2013? 
Stompa - Serena Ryder 


16) Compared to this time last year, are you: 
·         Happier or hardened? 
Happier and stronger
·         Thinner or fatter? 
Thinner (and continuing to lose weight)
·         Richer or poorer? 
Richer (my new position came with a raise)

17) What do you wish you'd done more of?

Exercise

18) What do you wish you'd done less of? 

Eating over my calories/WW points

19) What was your favourite TV program? Least favourite? 
 
American Horror Story, Reign, HIMYM, Walking Dead, Glee were all favourites.  If I watch it, I like it, so no least favourites.

20) What was the best book you read? Worst book? 
 
Caster Chronicles (Book #1 is Beautiful Creatures) was fun and enjoyable.  I really have not done as much reading as I would like this year.

21) What was your: favourite song/album/artist (and least favourite)?

My favourite album was Heartthrob by Tegan and Sara.  Unfortunately I still have trouble listening to Adele and Pink as I listened to them a lot when I was very emotional.  




22) Favourite film this year? Worst film?  


Catching Fire was awesome.  I really loved the trilogy of books and I am happy with how they have handled them in film.

23) What was one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
 
Leaving Calgary sooner and working harder at my weight loss goals

24) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?

Smaller sized clothes

25) What kept you sane?   

Friends and Family

26) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy the least? 
 
Jennifer Lawrence the most and Rob Ford the least

27) What political issues stirred you the most? The least? 

I am pretty good at keeping up to date on political issues, mostly because my aunt listens to CBC when driving me to/from work - but nothing really stirred me this year.  I did vote in the recent civic election.

28) What news story did you like the most? Hate the most? 

I watch the news every evening while watching tv, and I read the paper every morning.  I can't really say there were any stories that I liked/hated more than others - it is just keeping up with what is going on in my world. 


29) What sports moment did you like the most? Hate the most?
 
It was so hard to be an Oilers and Eskimos fan this year.  I am looking forward to the Olympics.

30) Favourite blog (other than yours)? Blog Posts (other than yours?).  


·                     Fave Blog: The Bloggess  (Dani I still want to borrow her book from you)

·                     Fave Blog Post #1: Creme-de-la-Creme 2012
·                     Fave Blog Post #2: Lego Advant Calendar
·                     Fave Blog Post #3: Depression Part Two

31) Favourite Blog Post (of yours)?   
·                     #3: Venting
·                     #2: Rain & Clouds
·                     #1: Goals for 36

32) Who is your 2013 Person of the Year?   

Me – putting myself first

33) Who do you miss? 
 
Not who, but playing games with the gang in Calgary

34) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
 
I am important and worth it – I am strong and I can do it


35) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready 'cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now"

   - Katy Perry, Roar
 


36) What do you look forward to in 2014?

Trips to Victoria in February and the summer - hopefully also a trip to the Seattle area
Working on my weight loss goals
Getting divorced
Moving into a new place 












1 comment:

  1. You've accomplished SOOOOO much in the last year! Great job!

    ReplyDelete