Friday, September 24, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Wow, has it really been 3 months since my last blog post?

Well I am now a happily married woman. The wedding was beautiful and fun and only had a few bumps that really did not matter at all.

Now I am trying to get my name changed to Mrs C everywhere and get organized for our honeymoon. We are going on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean - specifically the Bahamas, St Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk - at the end of October. I am really excited.

It has been crazy around my home since the days right before the wedding. My in-laws arrived on the Wednesday, we traveled to Edmonton on the Thursday, the rehearsal was on Friday, the wedding on Saturday, the gift opening on Sunday, and Monday we traveled back to Calgary.

My in-laws stayed with us for another week and then we dropped them off at the airport very early on September 13. Then RW's best friend, CJ, who was the best man at our wedding, arrived in town this past Saturday (from Grande Prairie, about an 8 hour drive north). He was unable to get more time off around the wedding as he was finishing a project at work, and now he has 2 weeks off, and is spending 8 days with us in Calgary.

We keep staying up too late socializing with family and/or friends so of course I caught a cold.

All I really want this weekend is to sleep in Saturday and Sunday morning - for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely going to love your cruise, but I'll warn you in advance.... it will ruin all other forms of travel for you, lol. Seriously, they will spoil you like crazy that you'll never use any other form of travel again.

    Of the places you mentioned, I've been to Bahamas and St. Thomas, and both were great. If you get the chance while in St. Thomas, take a cab and go swimming at Magen's Bay.... it's beautiful.

    Anyway, let me know if you need any last-minute tips. :)

    Hope you were able to get some much-needed rest this weekend!

    ReplyDelete