Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Living in Sin

So back in October of 2008 - RW and I moved in together. I love that I get to go to sleep every night in his arms and I don't have to drive 3 hours to spend time with him.

In December of 2008 we traveled back to his hometown - Sydney, NS - for the wedding of one of his best friends. I got to meet his parents and family. I loved it there, and I know, at least for me, that at that point I knew I wanted to marry RW and spend the rest of my life with him.

In February of 2009 we celebrated our first anniversary - and RW gave me a promise ring. He wanted to give me an engagement ring, but he was saving up money for the bling, and he wanted to have his divorce finalized.

Yes, RW was married once before. He was young, and in love, and he wanted to be a dad to her young daughter. They barely made it past the one year mark before they were separated. I could write a whole book about all the drama and lying and betrayal - and I probably will talk about some of it in future posts - but all I have to say right now is that it did not work out.

So back to February and March of 2009 - we started to look at rings. All I wanted was something simple and unique (in fact I even considered using birthstones instead of a diamond), that did not cost more than a month's rent.

Eventually I found something I loved. So, RW began to make payments on it in secret (which was very talented of him as we had opened a joint banking account).

Then we started talking about the future and having children and maybe having kids in the present instead of waiting.

This is where my broodiness began.

2 comments:

  1. Do we get to see photos of your rings, now that you've said "I do"...?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to post them on FB once I get the good pics back from the photographer. He took the typical picture of both our rings and my flowers.

    ReplyDelete